Monday, July 23, 2007

My Life on the D-List

Kathy Griffin- WATCH OUT!

I've got to be the black Kathy Griffin- but way more fresher, wit a lot less effort! I went to the Indiana WACK Expo in Indianapolis Saturday and I'm sad that I'll never get those hours of my life back. The actual "Expo" was the worst part. It was like every elemetary and high school gave out free tickets to the expo and told anyone who wanted to go to meet at the school at 8:00 am for a free ride up there. They should rename that town Rainbow Central, Indiana. If I see one more plastic necklace, bracelet or earring I'm going to JUMP! So many colors all jumbled up together on one body!

That's not even the killer, EVERY girl under the age of 23 had at LEAST 4 styles on one head. A swoop, twistie in the back going into the spiral curled, mohawk! UGH! Overload must have been omitted from the Indiana State Dictionary.

We also attended a Fashion Show hosted by Eva. We saw her on the elevator and she was FIERCE honey! Real cute until...... she played my friend. LMAO! My girls were pulling out their cameras getting that ish ready(while we were still on the elevator) when Eva turned around and was like:
" Are you guys going to the fashion show?"
"Yeah!"
"Ok, well, I'll take a picture with you there"

LMAO! I was rolling. Eva styled on us real quick! Knowing damn well she wasn't taking no pictures at no fashion show! LMAO.. And my one girl was heated. I tried to calm her down by telling her that maybe it's in her contract that she can only take pics at the events. No luck- she was still salty.

Despite all of the daytime wackness, we went to a party at the Convention Center and it actually wasn't that bad. The DJ was from my FABULOUS city and he represented. This leads me to my Kathy Griffin status. While my friends and I were in VIP, we mingled with the C-List stars and took a few pics. They were cool peeps, but the main thing that made them C-List is the fact that you only know who they are by the roles they played. For example, we saw "The twins mama from ATL, you know, Tyra's best friend" and " The bald headed daddy from Soul Food, you know, the one that was trying to talk to Maya on Girlfriends", and "We-bay from The Wire...oh.... you don't watch The Wire like that?....He be in videos too though" and an easier one " Niecey from Moesha". Of course the BET people were sprinikled in, including the cutie Terrance sans Rocsi (thank God!)

Don't get me wrong, it was great to hang with my girls and get away for a sec, but I'm cool on INDY.

The moral of the story is: " They don't call it NAP-Town for nothin'..."

1 comment:

Southern_Lady said...

LMAO at Eva playin your girl!!! I could just see it. Did it with a smile, too. Oh, Nina, you just do it so big allll the time.